University of Engineering and Technology
VNU University of Engineering and Technology was founded in 2004 by reorganizing the former Faculty of Technology established in 1999 and Center for Cooperation in Mechanics Training established in 1997.
- To provide high-quality, high level human resources in high-tech and engineering areas with a strong basic-science and information technology background;
- To conduct research for development of information technology, communication, telecommunications, electronics, automation and other areas of engineering as well as nanoscience and nanotechnology, including nanobiotechnology.
Undergraduate Programs (4 and/or 4.5 years):
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (4 years)
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (4 years)
Bachelor of Science in Electronics and Communication Engineering (4 years)
Bachelor of Science in Engineering Physics (4 years)
Bachelor of Science in Mechatronics (4 years)
Engineer in Engineering Mechanics (4.5 years)
· Master of Science and Ph.D. in Computer Science
· Master of Science and Ph.D. in Information Systems
· Master of Science and Ph.D. in Communications and Computer Networks
· Master of Science and Ph.D. in Software Engineering
· Master of Science and Ph.D. in Electronics Engineering
· Master of Science and Ph.D. in Telecommunications Engineering
· Master of Science and Ph.D. in Nano Materials and Devices
· Master of Science in Nanobiotechnology
· Master of Science in Mechanics of Solids
· Master of Science in Mechanics of Fluids
· Master of Science in Engineering Mechanics
· Master of Engineering in Mechatronics Engineering
The duration of all above-mentioned Master and Ph.D. programs are 2 and 3 years, respectively.
With financial support from the “VNU Project for building and developing training programs to international standards”– a strategic mission of the VNU–, the UET offers several honors and international-standard programs to selected students:
· Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (Honor, 4 years)
· Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (International standard, 4 years)
· Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics and Communications (International standard, 4 years)
· Master of Science and Ph.D. in Computer Science (International standard, 2 and 3 years)
International Joint Programs
· Joint Master Program in Information, System and Technology (2 years program is conducted in English, Master degree is conferred by University of Paris-Sud 11, France)
· Joint Master Program in Micro-Nanotechnology and Application (1+1 year, Master degree is conferred by University of Paris-Sud 11, France)
· Joint Master Program in Information Technology with two options – Image Processing and Multimedia, and Information Technology and Web – (1 year program is conducted in English, Master degree is conferred by University Claude Bernard Lyon 1, France)
· Joint Ph.D. Program in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Information and Communications Technology, and Automation (3-4 years with 1.5 year at UET, degree is conferred by University of Paris-Sud 11, France)
· Joint Master and Ph.D. Programs in Materials Science, Knowledge Science and Information Science (with Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Japan)
· Joint Master and Ph.D. Programs in Materials Science and Nanotechnology (in collaboration with Institute of Materials Science of VAST and Osaka University, Japan)
· Joint Undergraduate Program in Applied Computer Science (with Troy State University, USA)
· Joint Undergraduate Programs in Engineering (in Articulation and Credits Transfer with University of New South Wales, Australia)
Faculty of Information Technology
Faculty of Electronics and Telecommunications
Faculty of Engineering Physics and Nanotechnology
Faculty of Engineering Mechanics and Automation
Research Centers and Laboratories
Laboratory for Micro-Nano Technology (Micro-Nano Lab)
Laboratory on Smart Integrated Systems (SIS Lab)
Center for Computer Network and E-Learning
Center for Electronics and Telecommunications Research
Center for Joint Training, Science & Technology Services and Knowledge Transfer
Research and Application
VNU University of Engineering and Technology is currently focusing on the following research areas:
• Information Technology: Logic and Formal Methods; Artificial Intelligence; Decision Support Systems; Expert and Cognitive Systems; Database, Information Systems, Data Mining, Authentication, Vietnamese-Text Search Engines; Natural Language Processing, Handwritten Documents Recognition; Human – Machine Interaction, 3D-Graphics, Machine Learning, Bioinformatics; Computer Networks and Data Communications, Peer to Peer Networks, Mobile Networks; Parallel Processing Grid Computing; Embedded Software Engineering, Performance Evaluation, Software Verification, Software Cost Estimation and Model Checking.
• Electronics and Telecommunications: Communication Systems; Wireless Communication Systems; Optical Communication Systems, Radio Communications Systems; Continuous Speech Processing, Information Processing, Image Processing; Electromagnetic and Microwave Electronics Technology; High-power Ultra-High Frequency Signal Transmitter and Receiver Devices and Components; VLSI, Embedded Systems; Robotics and Automatic Control; Micro- Electro-Mechanical Systems (MEMS) and their Application in Electronics and Communications.
• Engineering Physics and Nanotechnology: Modeling and Simulation of Electronic Materials and Devices; Photonics and Optical Fiber Communication; Magnetic Nanostructured Materials and Devices, Multiferroics for Magnetic Data Storage Application, Biosensor, Biochips; Semiconductor Nanostructured Materials and Devices; Molecular Biotechnology (Genomics, Proteomics…),Nanobiotechnology.
• Engineering Mechanics and Automation:
Mechatronics Engineering; Marine Structures Engineering and Computation; Industrial and Environmental Fluid-Gas Mechanics; Mechanics and Instrumentation, Technical Diagnostics.
• VNU-Key Laboratory for Micro-Nano Technology: Development and Application of Micro-Nanotechnology Fabrication of Materials and Devices: Spintronics, Multiferroics Materials, Composites, Magnetic Sensors and Devices; Electro chromic Materials, Solar-Cells and Other Energy-Converting Materials; Photonic and Optoelectronic Materials; MEMS and NEMS for Electronics and Telecommu-nication Devices.
• VNU-Key Laboratory for Smart Integrated Systems: VLSI, Electronic Design, Embedded Software, Embedded Technology and Systems; Acquisition and Processing of Bio-Medical Data and Information.
• Center for Computer Network and e-Learning: ICT Infrastructure Management, Computer Network Connectivity, ICT Services, E-Learning Systems.
Significant R & D Products include
• SMS Portal (Software System for Handling SMS Messages in the Net-Office Portal); VNUCE (Electronic Course Editor); MR. TEST (Software System for Management and Evaluation of Test Exams); Net-Office (Software for Administration and Management Office Use); QMS (Software Program for Queue Management in Public Services); ELIB (Electronic Library Software System).
• Unisoft (Software System for Student and Curriculum Management in Universities); Ibank (Software System for Objective Testing Management); CTCMS – Website Contents Management Systems.
• Real-time Digital Signal Processing Devices; Dual-Channel Side Lobe Blanking, Active Signal Decoding UHF Logarithmic Receivers; Low-Noise High-Frequency Amplifiers (up to 3,100 MHz); HF - power Generators (up to 1,000 Watts); RFPower Amplifiers (from 470MHz to 10 GHz); Patient Monitoring Systems and other medical electronics devices.
• Digital Ultrahigh frequency high power transmitter and receiver components and devices.
Academia – Industry Links
VNU University of Engineering and Technology has established collaboration and links with a large number of industrial companies and partners, such as:
Fujisu, Honda, Human Recocia, Koganei Seiki, Mitani-Sangyo, NEC, Panasonic,
Renesas, Toshiba etc. from Japan; IBM, Boeing, Microsoft, SUN Microsystems,
Cisco and Global Cyber Soft Inc. from the USA; CEA-LETI Minatec and Orange
Telecom France from France, Synopsys Global Kft (Hungary), KOTEF, KITECH, LG
Korea and LG Vietnam, Display Manufacturing Systems (DMS), Nanopoly and
Samsung from Korea; VEIC, VAIP, VITEC, NHP, NACETI, VinaREN, IMI, Vinashin,
Vinapetrol, Fsoft, VietSoftware, HiPT, CMC Group and Tinhvan Group in Vietnam.
Our cooperation aims at high-quality human resource development, education
service and joint development research projects.
VNU University of Engineering and Technology has established cooperative ties with universities, research institutes and laboratories in various countries, such as: University of New South Wales, Mac Quarie University, Sydney University of Technology, Flinders University (Australia); Vienna Technical University(Austria); South East University (Nanjing, China); Hull University, University of Southampton, Roehampton University, University College of Dublin (England and UK); University of Paris-Sud 11, University of Claude Bernard Lyon 1, Ecole Normal Superieur de Cachan, Conservatoire National des Arts et Métier, CEA-LETI, Institute Louis Neél, Rouen University, Fourier University of Grenoble, University of Nantes, University of Rennes, Mediterranean University Marseille (France);Bochum University, Ernst Moritz University of Greifswald , Technical University of Ilmenau (Germany); Amsterdam University, Delft University of Technology, Twente University of Technology (The Netherlands); Osaka University, Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (JAIST), Kanazawa University, Keio University, Toyohashi University of Technology, Tohoku University, Shinshu University (Japan); Korea University, Seoul National University, Pohang University of Science and Technology, Pusan National University, Korea Polytechnic University, Hoseo University, Ajou University (Korea); Moscow State University(Russia); Nanyang Technological University, National University of Singapore(Singapore); National Taiwan University of Science and Technology (NTUST),Kun Shan University, National Chung Hsing University, National Kaohsiung First University of Science and Technology, Feng Chia University, Yungta Institute of Technology and Commerce (Taiwan); Stanford University School of Biomedical Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University (CMU), University of North Carolinaat Charlotte (UNCC), Wichita University of Cincinnati (USA)... Our cooperation includes joint research projects, joint training programs, student and staff exchanges.
VNU University of Engineering and Technology
144, Xuân Thủy, Cầu Giấy, Hanoi, Vietnam;
Tel:(84.4) 37547461 / 37547460
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Website: www.uet.vnu.edu.vn