VNU Institute for Education Quality Assurance (INFEQA) was upgraded in 2010 from the former CEQARD (established in 1995)
• To conduct basic strategic and policy research; to provide technological and scientific services in education quality assurance, university governance, education assessment and accreditation, and education development;
• To deliver postgraduate programs and training workshops in related professional areas;
• To serve as an office for consultation and assistance for VNU’s President in leadership and management of quality assurance, university governance and education development and quality assessment and accreditation at VNU. Additionally as the standing office for VNU’s Accreditation Council, coordinating activities in quality assurance and education accreditation at VNU.
In - country programs
• Master in Measurement and Evaluation in Education;
• Doctor in Measurement and Evaluation in Education.
International joint programs
• Master and Doctor in Applied Linguistics with La Trobe University (Australia);
• Doctor in Education Leadership with La Trobe University (Australia).
Short - term training courses
• International and national training workshops on accreditation and quality assurance in education and university governance;
• Training workshops for self assessment and external assessors;
• Training workshops on designing instruments for measurement and assessment;
• Training workshops on employing SPSS to analyze data in socio-economic surveys.
• Center for Education Accreditation
• Center for International Education Development
• Center for Testing and Research in Educational Institution Ranking
VNU INFEQA has carried out over 30 research projects funded by VNU and a variety of international and governmental institutions. The main research fields of INFEQA include:
• Scientific fundamentals of educational accreditation;
• Mechanism of quality assurance at higher educational institutions;
• Scientific fundamentals and methodology of university ranking;
• Assessment of individuals’ abilities in general and of students in particular.
• Evaluation of lecturers’ teaching, research and public service;
• Assessment of students’ learning activities;
• Evaluation of the methods of testing and assessments of students’ learning outcomes;
• Assessment and evaluation of the leadership and management competence of college/university rectors;
• University governance;
• Issues and development trends of education in general and higher education in particular; …
INFEQA has strong cooperation with international counterparts, including:
• International associations and networks: International Network of Quality
Assurance Agencies in Higher Education (INQAAHE), Asia-Pacific Quality Network (APQN), ASEAN University Network - Quality Assurance (AUN-QA);
• Universities: Southern New Hampshire University, Saint Michael College (USA); Melbourne University, Monash University, New South Wales University, La Trobe University (Australia);
• Embassies of the United Kingdom, Australia, France and USA in Vietnam;
• Organizations: Education Testing Service (USA); United Board Hong Kong (USA), Asia Development Bank; British Council in Hanoi; World Bank; Fulbright Vietnam; etc.
Institute for Education Quality Assurance
144 Xuân Thủy, Cầu Giấy, Hanoi
Tel: (84.4) 37547625 / 37549245
Fax: (84.4) 37549724 / 37547111