VNU Center for Urban Studies was established in 2010.
• To conduct research and apply technology in urban studies to meet the requests of sustainable development of Vietnamese urban systems in line with the trend of international integration;
• To develop and conduct basic research, applied research, strategic research and policy on urban studies according to the order or request of VNU, Vietnamese ministries, central sectors and localities;
• To act in the role of focal organization to build and conduct international cooperation projects related to issues of urban development;
• To conduct short-term training courses; to participate in training undergraduate and postgraduate programs in urban studies;
• To provide scientific and technological services; provide consultancy in planning, architectural design, construction, technical infrastructure building and design, environmental protection, economy, society, urban development managements and other professional issues in urban studies.
• Joining in regular training with other higher institutions in and outside VNU;
• Designing and implementing research projects at the VNU level.
• Cooperating with external research partners to perform tasks; cooperating with the UN – HABITAT Program to implement projects on housing for poor urban citizens.
• Implementing service contracts in term of survey research on design, environmental impact assessments and verifying the quality of construction projects and urban infrastructure.
Research & Training orientation
• Urban planning.
• Urban security and management.
• Sustainable development of urban areas.
• Urban land and housing.
• New technological application.
• Development and management of urban construction.
VNU Center for Urban Studies
144 Xuân Thủy, Cầu Giấy, Ha Noi
Tel / Fax: (84.4) 37450151