Accordingly, the Decision takes effect on the date of signing.
According to the Law on Government Organization dated June 19, 2015, the Law on Higher Education and Decree No. 186/2013/ND-CP dated November 17, 2013 by the Government on the National University, VNU Council has the following duties and competences:
- Approving VNU's strategy, projection and development plans;
- Deciding VNU’s orientation of training activities, science and technology, international cooperation, higher education quality assurance;
- Deciding VNU’s organizational structure and development path;
- Deciding the establishment, dissolution, mergence, division and separation of the Office of the President, functional departments and affiliates under VNU, and approving proposals for the establishment, dissolution, mergence, division and separation of VNU’s member universities and scientific research institutes in accordance with the Law on Higher Education and the Law on Science and Technology; and
- Supervising the implementation of VNU Council’s resolutions as well as the implementation of the rules of democracy in VNU's activities.