Official thesis title: Derivational Paradigm of Animal Words in Russian and Vietnamese
1. Full Name: NGUYEN THI THANH HA
2. Sex: Female
3. Date of birth: 01/11/1985
4. Place of birth: Hanoi
5. Admission decision number: 3203/QĐ-SĐH dated 8 November 2010 by President of Vietnam National University, Hanoi.
6. Changes in academic process: No
7. Official thesis title: Derivational Paradigm of Animal Words in Russian and Vietnamese
8. Major: Russian Linguistics
9. Code: 62.22.05.01
10. Supervisors: Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nguyen Huu Chinh; Dr.Vu Dinh Giap
11. Summary of the new findings of the Thesis:
This study systematizes the theories related to derivational paradigm in Russian. This is the first study in research on Russian linguistics in Vietnam which points out the detailed characteristics of the derivational paradigm of 12 animal words in Russian and in Vietnamese and record initial achievements in approaching the concept of paradigm in Vietnamese.
12. Practical applicability, if any:
The results of the study, as well as research materials can be used in the course of derivation of the modern Russian language, special courses, special seminars on derivation, used in the translation and lexicographical practice. The study can be of significance for the teaching of Russian as a foreign language in Vietnam and for those who want to thoroughly grasp the Russian language. Due to specific models of formation of new words which exist in every language, derivational paradigm has the predictive power. This can help students remember the words and guess new words based on certain rules.