Official thesis title: “Synthesis of substrates, optimization of the esterase staining conditions and kits production for leukemia diagnosis serving treatment of blood disease”.
1. Full name: Tran Van Tinh
2. Sex: Male
3. Date of birth: 17-07-1964
4. Place of birth: Hai Phong
5. Admission decision number: No. 671/QĐ-SĐH dated 15/5/2009 of Vietnam national University, Hanoi.
6. Changes in academic process:
Decision No. 2002/QD-SDH-TN dated 16/11/2009 of Rector of VNU-University of Science on adjustment the doctoral thesis named "Optimal operating conditions and some substances affected on the human leukocyte enzyme by cytochemistry methods” onto“Synthesis of substrates, optimization of the esterase staining conditions and kits production for leukemia diagnosis serving treatment of blood disease”.
7. Official thesis title: “Synthesis of substrates, optimization of the esterase staining conditions and kits production for leukemia diagnosis serving treatment of blood disease”.
8. Major: Organic chemistry
9. Code: 62 44 27 01
10. Supervisors: Assoc. Prof. Dr.Sc. Luu Van Boi; Prof. Ph.Dr. Nguyen Anh Tri
11. Summary of the new results of the thesis:
- Have been developed the new-microwave-assisted methods used for synthesis of 16 N-substituted-3-hydroxynaphthalene-2-cacboxamide, including 3 new derivatives;
- Have been improved the reaction procedure between 3-hydroxy-(N-substitution) naphthalene-2-carboxamide with acyl chloride used for synthesis of 38 3-(N-substitu- tion -cacbamoyl)naphthalene-2-yl-carboxylates, including 36 new derivatives.
- Have been investigated the electron, steric effects of the substitutions and the dihedral angle created by the carboxyl group on specificity and sensitivity of the above mentioned substrate in esterase staining reactions. The results showed that the substances with electron-pushing sustitutes are more sensitive than electron-withdrawing one, and the substances with sustutetesat ortho-position are more sensitive than those with substitutes at meta- and para-positions.
- Have been synthesized naphthol AS-OL a-chloropropionateused as new substrate with similar specificity, but 1.2 times greater in sensitivity and 80% cheaper in price of naphthol AS-Da-chloroacetatesupplied by Sigma company.
- Have been successfully made the kit sets using naphthol AS-OL a-chloropropionate for specific esterase human leukocyte staining; the test results on normal human blood at the National institute of Hematology and Blood Transfusion and on marrow of leukemia patients who classified cell lines showed that the kit sets are equivalent in specificity, but 1.2 times greater in sensitivity than Sigma naphthol AS-Da-chloro-acetate and is recommended to replace the imported products.