Official thesis title: “Studies on preparation, properties and applications of nanosize CuO/CeO2 mixed oxide”
1. Full name: Hoang Thi Huong Hue
2. Sex: Female
3. Date of birth: 23/02/1974
4. Place of birth: Nam Dinh
5. Admission decision number: 2385/ QĐ – SĐH, date 29/06/ 2007 of the President of Vietnam National University Hanoi
6. Changes in academic process: None
7. Official thesis title: “Studies on preparation, properties and applications of nanosize CuO/CeO2 mixed oxide”
8. Major: Inorganic Chemistry
9. Code: 60 44 25 01
10. Supervisors: Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nguyen Dinh Bang
11. Summary of the new findings of the thesis:
Studied systematically the effects of some factors on preparation of CuO/CeO2 mixed oxide by the four methods: coprecipitation, combustion, sol-gel and impregnation.
The first preparation of CuO/CeO2 mixed oxide by combustion method with the surfactant PVA.
Determined the types of existence of CuO in CuO/CeO2 mixed oxide by the method H2 temperature-programmed reduction (H2 – TPR).
Calculated density of oxygen vacancy in CuO/CeO2 mixed oxide by handling Raman spectra based on the Gaussian function.
12. Practical applicability:
Studies on catalytic activities of CuO/CeO2 mixed oxide in oxidation reactions of phenol and CO were performed. The results of these studies show potential applications of the mixed oxide in exhaust gases and volatile organic substances treatment.