1. Exchange students under AUN-ACTS program;
2. Exchange students under MOUs between Vietnam National University, Hanoi (VNU) and partners.
II. Criteria and required documents
- English language proficiency: minimum from IELTS 5.5, TOEFL-PBT 500, TOEFL iBT 61, TOEIC 600 or equivalent;
- Having GPA from 2.5/4.0 or higher;
- Completing at least 2 semesters at Home University;
2. Required documents:
- Application form from AUN-ACTS website or provided by VNU;
- Nomination letter from Home University;
- Student’s CV with picture (size 3cm*4cm);
- Copy of English proficiency certificate (IELTS 5.5, TOEFL-PBT 500, TOEFL iBT 61, TOEIC 600 or equivalent). This criteria is not applied for students who study Vietnamese language only during the exchange period;
- Academic transcripts of previous semesters issued by Home university (with signature of authorized person and stamp of the Home University);
- Copy of passport with validity of at least one year (for one semester exchange period) and at least one and a half year (for one year exchange period) from the expected arrival in Vietnam;
- Certificate of health issued within 6 months from the date of application by competent health authorities of the sending country or by Vietnamese central, municipal or provincial medical bodies, clearly stating that the health condition of the applicant is adequate to pursue overseas study.
- Pledge (using the form provided by VNU, in which students will commit to abide by VNU rules and regulations and Vietnam’s law).
* All the above-mentioned documents must be in English.
3. Exchange period:
- For one semester exchange
+ Semester 1 (Fall Semester): September to January (normally) or from August to December
+ Semester 2 (Spring Semester): February to June (normally) or from January to May
- For one year exchange: From September to June
4. Application deadline:
- For one semester exchange:
+ Semester 1 (Fall Semester): Mid of May
+ Semester 2 (Spring Semester): Mid of October
- For one year exchange: Early May
5. The number of exchange students: depending on signed partnership MOUs.
6. Tuition fee and living expenses:
- Application fee and tuition fee are waived for all exchange students under AUN-ACTS programs and bilateral MOUs with partners.
- Dormitory is currently provided free of change for the academic year of 2016-2017; 4-6 students will share a standard room with bathroom, equipped with air-conditioner, water heater, 4-6 beds or bunk beds and 4-6 tables. Students will pay for other fees and charges on internet/Wi-fi, water and electricity, etc.
- Basic living expense in Vietnam: about 4 million Vietnamese dongs (foods and miscellaneous fees)
- Students must purchase an accident insurance plan designated by Home University and purchase a compulsory medical/health insurance at VNU. The cost for medical/health insurance is about 550,000 VND (approximately equals to 27$ and is subject to change depending on the exchange rate at the time of purchase).
7. Courses available: will be advised by program coordinator for each semester.
8. Contact information:
8.1. Assoc. Prof. Dr. Le Thi Thu Thuy (Mrs)
Department of Academic Affairs,
Vietnam National University, Hanoi
Room 505, Administration Building
144 Xuan Thuy Street, Cau Giay, Ha Noi
Mobile phone: +84904397764
Office phone: +844 37547670 ext 505
8.2. Nguyen Thi Le Thuy (Mrs)
Staff, Department of Academic Affairs
Vietnam National University Hanoi
Room 507, D2 Building
144 Xuan Thuy Street, Cau Giay district, Ha Noi city, Viet Nam
Office phone :(04)37547670 ext 517