Official thesis title: Poetic specificities of modern mythological novel in M.Bulgakov’s “Master and Margarita”
1. Full name: NGUYEN THI NHU TRANG
2. Sex: Female
3. Date of Birth: 23/05/1983
4. Place of Birth: Nghe An
5. Admission decision number: No. 275/SĐH dated 9/11/2005 by President of VNU
6. Changes in academic process: Six months leave with pay, Decision of VNU No.3410/QĐ-SĐH dated 06/10/2009; One-year extension, Decision of USSH No.424/QĐ-SĐH dated 07/4/2011
7. Official thesis title: Poetic specificities of modern mythological novel in M.Bulgakov’s “Master and Margarita”
8. Major: Russian Literature
9. Code: 62 22 30 01
10. Supervisor: Assoc.Prof. Pham Gia Lam, PhD
11. Summary of the new findings of the thesis:
1- The thesis establishes the main poetic specificities of the 20th century mythological novel and point out their expressions in Master and Margarita, so we can observe the development of modern mythological novel as genre in Western literature in general and Russian prose in specific.
2- The thesis has indicated intertexts in Master and Margarita and has interpreted the meanings of myths in this novel.
3- In regards of the interaction of mythological thought and novel thought, the thesis has indicated the principle of play in chronotope, characters and plot of Master an Margarita. Chronotope is a “world of play”, the characters become players, the plot is a process of play with two forms of play: carnival-grotesque and intertext.
4- Due to the impact of mythological thought, the narrative subject structure of Master and Margarita has combination of two trends: identification and diversification of narrative subjects.