Title of thesis: Researching the preparation of polymer nanocomposite/ bentonite-DMDOA
1. Full name: Pham Thi Ha Thanh
2. Gender: Female
3. Date of birth: 30/08/1976
4. Place of birth: Hoa Binh
5. Number of admission decision: 5429/SĐH Dated: October 30, 2005 of President of Vietnam National University.
6. The changes in training process: No
7. Title of thesis: Researching the preparation of polymer nanocomposite/ bentonite-DMDOA
8. Major: Inorganic chemistry
9. Code: 62 44 25 01
10. Supervisors: Assoc.Prof. Dr. Nghiem Xuan Thung
11. Summary of the new result of the thesis:
- Determined suitable conditions to prepare organoclay from : Prolabo, French and BinhThuan, Vietnam bentonite with dimethyldioctadecylamonium chloride (DMDOA) in water.
- Determined suitable conditions to prepare oganolay from two bentonites with DMDOA in alcohol-water .
- Compared the properties of the organoclay which were prepared in the same conditions but differential environment. The results showed that value of d001 and value of loss mass of the organoclay which was prepared from Binh Thuan, Vietnam bentonite is as equivalent as Prolabo, France bentonite.
- Determined suitable conditions to prepare large amount of organoclay to reinforce polymers.
- Mechanical properties, heat resistance of epoxy coatings, polyester and natural rubber increased when we applied small amount of organoclay to them.