EU Support to Higher Education in the ASEAN Region (SHARE) Programme announces opening for Second Batch of Scholarships on 1 September 2016.
Jakarta, 1 August 2016 – As student mobility plays an important role in the further development of higher education in ASEAN, the European Union (EU) and ASEAN have teamed up to announce today the opening of their second batch of scholarship for January-July 2017 intake. Undergraduate students in ASEAN countries interested in studying one semester in another ASEAN country are invited to apply for one of the 125 full scholarships available.
The scholarship scheme is part of the work of the "EU Support to Higher Education in the ASEAN Region, or SHARE, designed to encourage ASEAN student mobility and to test the application of an ASEAN-wide credit transfer systems.
Each of the 125 scholarships provides a fully funded, short-term (one semester) exchange of undergraduate students from selected universities across the region. It is open for students studying at participating universities in ASEAN countries, who have completed at least 2 semesters of study. The following universities have been nominated by their respective ministries of edcuation or higher education to participate in the SHARE scholarship scheme and therefore students from the following universities are encouraged to apply:
- Cambodia: Royal University of Phnom Penh, University of Cambodia, Phnom Penh International University, National University of Management Cambodia
- Indonesia: Universitas Indonesia, Universitas Diponegoro, Bogor Agricultural University, Bina Nusantara University
- Laos: National University of Laos
- Malaysia: Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Taylors University Malaysia, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Universiti Malaysia Sabah
- Myanmar: University of Yangon Mandalay University, Myanmar Maritime University, Yangon University of Economics
- Philippines: University of the Philippines, University of Santo Tomas, De La Salle University, Ateneo de Manila University
- Thailand: Chulalongkorn University, Payap University, King Mongkut's University of Technology Thonburi, Thammasat University
- Vietnam: Viet Nam National University, Hanoi University of Science and Technology, Ho Chi Minh University of Technology and Education, Hue University
All application details, requirements and deadlines can be found at www.share-asean.eu/scholarship
Officially launched in May 2015, SHARE is a €10 million EU grant funded programme with a principal objective of strengthening regional cooperation, enhancing the quality, competitiveness and internationalisation of ASEAN higher education institutions and students, and contributing to an ASEAN Community. From 2016 onwards, SHARE will be providing some 500 scholarships for ASEAN university students to put the improved systems to the test, mainly by supporting student exchange and credit recognition within the ASEAN region. ASEAN is working with a consortium led by British Council and comprising the DAAD, EP-Nuffic, Campus France, ENQA and EUA between 2015 and 2018 to implement SHARE.
For media inquiries, please contact:
- SHARE Programme Management Office
Nadya Anette, Tel.: +62 (21) 515 5561, Email address : email@example.com
- ASEAN Secretariat
Abigail C. Lanceta, Tel.: +62 21 726 2991 ext. 418, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delegation of the European Union to Indonesia and Brunei Darussalam
Destriani Nugroho, Tel.: +62 (0) 21 2554 6200, Email: email@example.com
Tentative English taught subjects in semester 2
VNU requirements for students exchange at EU SHARE program